- o Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Nala Restaurants: dba Thai76, Surya Tiffins, One Mean Chicken
- Must have a current and up-to-date State of Illinois Food Handlers permit.
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers.
- Prepare bills for food and accept payment or make change.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Wrap menu items such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Replenish foods at serving stations.
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Take guests’ orders and write ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Order items needed to replenish supplies.
- Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Set up dining areas for meals and clear them following meals.
- Deliver orders from kitchens and pick up and serve food when it is ready for guests dining in or taking away.
- Add relishes and garnishes to food orders, according to instructions.