The Weapons design engineer role is responsible for integration of non-lethal weapons across various platforms. This position is responsible for mission system integration (design/PVI/Interlocks), system development, separation analysis and test, employment testing and management of weapons and certification.
- Perform research, design, and development in mechanical design, fluid flow, and distribution
- Apply research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical systems, controls, and/or equipment.
- Conduct trade studies to determine feasibility of designing new equipment or modifying existing equipment.
- Analyze components and equipment to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests.
- Create system schematic diagrams.
- Integration with PCBs, knowledge of actuators and pneumatics.
- Conduct case studies.
- Coordinate technical efforts of suppliers by supporting prototype equipment construction, qualification testing, and certification.
- Investigate and resolve production and field issues as identified both through the internal quality system and customer feedback.
Bachelor's Degree in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Other related field
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required
- Strong drawing interpretation skills, with the ability to produce technical writings and presentations in compliance with Military Standards
- Experience in applying technical theories, troubleshooting techniques, and other concepts related to weapons systems.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects in a team environment
- Advanced working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office and Adobe products